You just had an amazing VI Peel treatment and you can’t wait to get glowing! So what’s the best post-treatment aftercare routine that’s sure to get you those dewy results you’re looking for. Read on for our top tips on how to get the most out of your treatment!
- Soothe, soothe, soothe! Ask your skincare provider to recommend a professional-grade, super-soothing balm with 1% Hydrocortisone and anti-inflammatory ingredients like Ginger Extract, as well as hydrating ingredients like Glycerin for soothing skin irritation. We definitely recommend VI Derm Post Treatment Repair Cream. It’s formulated to pair perfectly with your VI Peel and proven to visibly reduce redness and blotchiness in 2 days.
- We can’t say it enough: SPF is a must after a peel. Your barrier is trying to renew itself and needs all the defense it can get against damaging UV light. Reach for a gentle, hydrating medical-grade SPF. Gruene House Med Spa has so many great brands to choose from!
- Follow a gentle skin care routine that includes fragrance free cleansers and moisturizers. Wash your face with cool water, not hot, as it can help with soothing skin irritation and tempering redness. Ask us if you need product recommendations!
- Moisturizing is key! A chemical peel can dry out your skin and moisture will help keep your skin balanced. Moisturizing can also help comfort and soothe during the reparative peeling stage.
- Don’t do anything that builds heat in the body. Avoid sweating of any type! Stay away from steam rooms, saunas, exercise, and hot showers.
- Don’t exfoliate. Avoid using any base products that have a manual exfoliant, scrubbing the skin, or using any type of sponge or washcloth.
- And of course reach out to your skin care provider if you have any issues, concerns, or pain.
Want more info?
Are you interested in learning more about getting a VI Peel or or the perfect after care products to go with it? Contact us and we’d love to help you reach your skincare goals! We have two convenient locations in New Braunfels and San Antonio to serve you. Call us at 830-312-4466 (New Braunfels) or 210-255-1400 (San Antonio).