How to Update your Skincare Routine for Summer
Summer is here and you may already be feeling the changes to your skin. The increased temperature and humidity leave our skin feeling sweaty and sticky. Plus you’ve also got to consider your skin’s increased exposure to UV rays from the sun as well. While it isn’t necessary to change out your entire skin care regimen – there might be a few products you’d like to switch out for summer to ensure your skin is looking and feeling it’s best all season long. Take a look at some our top suggestions for getting your skin routine summer ready:
- Harsh summer sun rays can cause an increase in dead skin which can lead to clogged pores and breakouts. Switching to a cleanser that contains salicylic acid can prevent this.
- Use both a hydrating and tinted SPF in your morning skincare routine to cut back on the amount of products you are using.
- Lessen the frequency of chemical peels or chemical exfoliators. While these products are great at revealing new skin – you don’t want delicate skin layers exposed to the harsh summer skin.
- Even though it is hot and sweaty out – you still need to use a moisturizer to hydrate your skin. Switch to a lighter moisturizer and save your heavy creams for the Fall/Winter seasons.
- Protect your skin from developing freckles and sun spots by adding regular manual exfoliation to your routine. You can also fade spots by adding a vitamin C brightening serum to your regimen.
- You can continue to use your retinol products during the summer months. Just look for signs that you may be overdoing it with additional exposure to the sun. If your skin is red or peeling – cut back on how often you use your retinol products.
- AND AS ALWAY – wear a daily SPF whether you are outside in the sun or cooling off indoors. You can also protect your skin by spending time in the shade and wearing a hat or cover up.
If you are in need of facial products to update your summer skincare routine – you’ve got to come by the spa. We have several medical grade skincare lines like SENTE Skin Care, Zo Skin Health, Elta MD, and Skinbetter Science that are all only available to you from a licensed physician. Our staff will be happy to assist you in finding the right products to address your specific skin care needs. We have two convenient locations in San Antonio and New Braunfels — so come by Gruene House Med Spa today!