Maskne – It’s a REAL Thing
It’s 2020 and we’re in the middle of a global pandemic. By now nothing should surprise us! So yes, Maskne or Mask + Acne, is a real problem you might now be struggling with. You see, wearing a mask on your face actually creates the perfect environment for acne to develop. The skin under your mask is now being kept moist and is also covered in bacteria from your breath. This along with the friction of your mask rubbing against your face are the ideal conditions for acne to form. Since wearing a mask is absolutely necessary these days to ensure the protection of yourself and others, we’ve got to find ways to combat this new problem. Don’t worry, we’ve got a few simple solutions you can try everyday to help prevent Maskne.
- Wash your face twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. Gruene House Med Spa has some amazing facial cleaners in stock that are great for your skin.
- Wear disposable masks to be sure your mask is always clean.
- If you’d rather use reusable masks, make sure you are washing them regularly. Always wear a clean mask.
- Use an oil free moisturizer that helps your skin create a protective barrier against acne causing agents. Look for ingredients like hyaluronic acid and ceramides. Gruene House Med Spa has several moisturizers packed full of these amazing ingredients.
- When you can, skip the foundation or concealers and rely on your natural beauty. If you have to wear makeup then use non-comedogenic products that will not clog your pores.
If the simple solutions mentioned above still don’t do the trick in helping you treat your Maskne, you may need to seek professional attention. Gruene House Med Spa has you covered here too! We’ve got so many amazing services to keep your skin looking it’s very best, even while wearing a mask:
- Hydrafacial – This medical grade facial gives your skin the fresh start it needs. A Hydrafacial cleans deeply to remove dirt and dead skin build up that can cause acne and fills the skin with the nourishing hydration your skin craves.
- Chemical Peels – We offer several Chemical Peels to refresh and renew your skin. The ZO 3-Step Peel is designed to emphasize consistently healthy skin rather than just treating the symptoms commonly associated with unhealthy skin. The VI Peel is a gentle, yet powerful medical-grade chemical peel used for the treatment of acne, acne scarring, age and sun spots, fine lines or wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, rosacea, melasma, enlarged pores, and improves overall skin health.
- Skincare Products – We carry medical grade brand skincare products like ZO Skin Health and Sente Skincare. These brands both offer cleansers, serums, and moisturizers that will help prevent and treat acne.
- BBL Laser Treatment – The BBL Laser treatment uses broadband light technology to evenly distribute laser light deep into the dermal layers of the skin giving it an even appearance while fixing issues like melasma, brown spots, redness, rosacea, acne and unwanted hairs.
If you need help defeating Maskne and achieving the clear and balanced skin you once knew, contact us! We’re here to help you obtain the best skin of your life – even during a global pandemic!