5 Must-Do Beauty Resolutions for the New Year!
It’s a brand new year! It’s time to put 2020 behind us and start 2021 off right! It’s the perfect time to take a look at all of our bad habits and make a change for the better in the new year. Here are 5 must-do resolutions you’ve got to try to improve yourself and your beauty routine in the coming year:
- HYDRATE YOUR SKIN — Seems simple but so many of us actually forget about this important step in our daily routines. It is so important to keep your skin hydrated! Not just your face but your entire body too. Proper levels of hydration prevent early signs of aging like fine lines and wrinkles. Plus keeping your skin hydrated ensures you’ve got a strong barrier from outside stressors like dry air and free radicals. So find your favorite moisturizer and lather up!
- WEAR AN SPF — If you’re not already using a daily SPF, you’ve got to start NOW! You should wear an SPF every day, 365 days a year whether you’re in the sun or the snow. The sun’s rays can reach your skin even on the dreariest of days. An SPF protects your skin from sun damage AND prevents early signs of aging and skin cancer. Look for a good lightweight SPF that also offers hydration, like hyaluronic acid, too. You can prevent sun damage while keeping your skin soft and hydrated. Grab that SPF and start applying!
- DRINK MORE WATER — Seems like an easy tip but so many of us do not drink enough water each day. You should be drinking at least half of your body weight in ounces of water each and every day. A good goal is around 75 oz a day! Not sure how much water you actually consume in a day? Get yourself a fun water jug and fill it to the top each morning. Then you can track your water intake throughout the day to make sure you’ve met your daily water goal by bedtime. Drinking water has amazing benefits for your body too and it especially improves your skin. So fill up a cup of cool, refreshing water and get to drinking!
- UP YOUR NIGHT TIME SKIN REGIMEN — Most of us are pretty good about our morning skin routines because we’re getting ready for the day, getting dressed and putting on our makeup. But what about your nighttime routine? It’s just as important if not more important! You are preparing your skin for a good night’s rest. Make sure you remove all of your makeup before sleep – you do not want to leave your skin dirty and your pores clogged overnight. Hydrate your face with a good moisturizer and eye cream so your face can soak up all the benefits overnight! You’ll be amazed at how much more refreshed you look in the morning with a proper nighttime skin care routine.
- GET BETTER SLEEP — Sounds simple, right? Just get more sleep! But this can be difficult with our busy schedules. Seriously though, carve out enough time each night to get a proper amount of sleep. You should be getting at least 8 hours each night. Turn off the TV and put your devices on do not disturb mode so you can get some uninterrupted Zzz’s. If you have trouble falling asleep, try a natural sleep aid like Melatonin or try misting your pillow with an essential oil spray like lavender or eucalyptus. You can also try listening to soothing sleep sounds like white noise or rain. Find a sleep routine that works for you and stick to it!
If you need help finding products or skincare services to help you meet some of your own beauty resolutions, Gruene House Med Spa is here for you! We can’t wait to help you reach all of your beauty goals in 2021!
Happy New Year, everybody! Let’s make this year AMAZING!